Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Child On My Lap

It has been a long time since I posted on this blog. Life's challenges and succeeding events have kept me away... I was browsing through my journal and wanted to share this with you. After the many events of 2006/2007 which included many near miscarriages, I finally gave birth to Aidan, on January 2008. A year later, I wrote this.....

"My youngest on my lap, it is a quiet Sunday. He is watching his music DVD - The Singing Babies. He loves music!!! It enthralls him. The only time when he sits still is when I put the music on.

He claps his hands, smiles and he is content. What greater happiness is there than a child on your lap?"

Today is another Sunday. We spent it together just hanging out. In the afternoon we went to the park, walking hand in hand. We sat on the swing with him on my lap. In the midst of laughter, he stopped and he looked at me and then he whispered.... "I love you mummy....."

What greater happiness is there than a child on your lap?

No comments: